A Leg Up, Part 2
A Leg Up, Part 2
Create sturdy, flexible, functional legs for better balance, stamina and power.
Your legs are the foundation of your upright life. Containing three of the largest, and most fascinating joints in your body (the ankle, knee and hip), skillful legs are essential for pain-free movement & sturdy posture.
No matter your level of physical fitness, whether you’re new to the Feldenkrais Method® or have years of experience, “A Leg Up” will put you powerfully in command of your legs for the years to come. With instructor, Andrew Gibbons, you’ll use the strategies of the Feldenkrais Method® to study and practice the principles that govern your balance, flexibility and strength through the prism of your legs. These principles will give you access to a safe, intelligent daily practice to keep your legs healthy and to protect you from the unnecessary strains and problems that lead so many people to injury and, sometimes, surgery. With “A Leg Up” you’ll be able to use put these principles to use in your life’s most activities: athletics, climbing stairs, walking, standing, sitting, even loading the dishwasher!
Tack List for part 2:
- Holding the Knees while Rolling (56:40)
- Organizing the Pelvis Around the Legs (59:59)
- Lifting the Leg in Sitting (27:20)
- Balance in Standing with Equal & Opposite Pressure (53:19)
- Chest Leg Swing in Walking (74:38)
- Mapping the Shoulders Using the Legs (42:47)
- Counter Balance in Standing—Touching with the Foot in Front and Back (20:47)
- Click here for tracks in Part 1.
Whether you’re a weekend athlete or a long time sufferer of knee pain, “A Leg Up” will provide you a comprehensive and transformative learning experience. You’ll also learn how these patterns and principles relate to the ease and flexibility through your spine, chest, neck and shoulders.
- Organize your feet for maximum balance, power and dexterity.
- Gain a clear, solid support from the ground in every movement you make.
- Understand and sense the timing and connections through the joints.
- Learn how the legs help you breathe better.
- Restore and protect your knees with one, simple distinction.
- Locate your hip joints and learn how they really work.
- Improve the skeletal support for your pelvis, and eliminate your lower back pain.
- Regain the use of your toes for balance and support.
- Erase the confusion around the essential issues of posture, chronic pain and healthy movement.
- Build a daily personal practice that will serve you in any activity you pursue, from athletics, to the arts, to simply learning how to live in comfort.
New to Awareness Through Movement?
Click here to read the guidelines for getting the most out of your practice.
Using your audio files:
The zip file you'll receive is 125mb.
Once you've purchased the course, you'll receive an email with a secure link to download the audio. The entire program comes as a single .zip file.
- Click the link to save it to your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded .zip file to open the mp3 files
- Drag the MP3 files into your favorite audio program (iTunes, etc...)